Activities at Kruse Village
While Kruse Village is known across Texas for exceptional care, many residents will tell you it’s the never-ending variety of activities that keep their minds sharp and make them excited to get out of bed every morning.
Our exceptional array of activities is led by a dedicated Activity Director who is highly-trained in developing offerings that engage the mind, strengthen the body, and plenty that are just plain fun.
While we encourage frequent participation, residents are free to choose the activities they wish to participate in – giving them full control of their social activities.
With 6-8 daily activities during the week and many on weekends, there’s no shortage of entertaining diversions for residents to enjoy with one another. Some resident favorites are:
- Automatic membership in the Blue Bell Aquatic Center, climate-controlled indoor and outdoor pools for therapy and leisure
- Exercise for all levels in our well-appointed fitness center
- Popular card games, dominoes and board games
- Short game practice on our private putting green
- Fun and highly-beneficial Tai Chi or yoga classes
- Frequent guest speakers, include sermons from local churches of all denominations
- Chair volleyball, always a laugh-filled favorite
- Relaxing and chatting at our popular happy hours
- Routine movie nights, with selections by residents and staff
- Projects of all sizes in our woodworking room
- Relaxing with a great book from hundreds to choose in our library
We also offer a variety of fun activities in which residents’ grandchildren or great-grandchildren can also participate.
Family can also join us every Sunday in our chapel for non-denominational services that are always warm and embracing.